I came across this article a few weeks ago ~ boy does it put things in perspective. It’s more than a mere “Bucket List,” but more of a manifesto and a guide to “living life to the fullest.”
We seem to focus on all the little things in life and so often lose sight of what is really important and what matters most in the long run, I believe.
The author says, “I’ve revised my list of things to do before I die. These seemingly simple acts have transformed my life. What it comes down to is not how long your life is, but how wide you live it and these 30 ideas can help.”
30 Things to Do Before You Die
1. Stop worrying about debt. ~ Yes, that would help me.
2. Forgive your ex-lovers.
3. Stop trying to control your outcome. ~ I constantly find myself fighting for control.
4. Look in the mirror and love yourself unconditionally.
5. Leave the job you hate.
6. Find your purpose and live it full heartedly. ~ What is your purpose? What is my purpose?
7. Adopt a furry friend. ~ A sure way to gain a smile DAILY.
8. Don’t feel guilty for holiday weight gain.
9. Trust that everything is in right order. ~ TRUST is the key.
10. Travel to the place you keep thinking about.
11. Try something that scares you daily. ~ Do the thing that you fear, and do it over and over again.
12. Be open to change. Change = GROWTH. Flowers bloom and GROW.
13. Let go of your past.
14. Stop trying to change people.
15. Stop looking for answer outside of yourself.
16. Stop thinking you did something wrong.
17. Be your weird, crazy, beautiful self. ~ Crazy, beautiful YOU. Be-YOU-tiful.
18. Follow your heart.
19. Risk everything for love.
20. Reject rejection.
21. See the world as a beautiful, safe, and loving place.
22. See everyone as equals.
23. Give up all attachments to stuff.
24. Recognize the journey is the reward. ~ The journey is what it’s all about.
25. Stay hopeful and optimistic in difficult situations.
26. Welcome all life lessons. ~ What is the lesson? You will be healed once you learn the lesson.
27. See the opportunities in every challenge rather than give up.
28. Live your values.
29. Inspire others by your own bigness. ~ YOU are big. I AM big.
30. Play with the world. ~ We are MEANT to play.