Just like coconut oil, apple cider vinegar is pretty much the ultimate “cure all” for those of us who subscribe to the health and wellness crunchy lifestyle.
No really, many, many, many people (not just the granola-heads) experience tremendous health benefits from the fermented magic. It’s not that is simply makes a great vinaigrette, it truly does stuff for the old sack of bones.
The wonder tonic has been used as a healing elixir since 400 B.C. It’s true! Raw apple cider vinegar was used by the father of modern medicine, Hippocrates, for a multitude of things. It’s been used throughout history, and is still just as useful today.
Some of the most common health claim benefits are:
- Lowers blood sugar and helps to prevent diabetes
- Antibacterial and antimicrobial for infections, gut health, and chemical-fee cleaning
- Improves digestion and tummy troubles and prevents indigestion
- Cures hiccups
- Lowers blood pressure
- Protects LDL cholesterol levels
- Soothes a sore throat
- Tones the skin
- Clears a stuffy nose
- Eliminates dandruff and promotes healthy hair and scalp
- Aids in weight loss
- Clears acne
- Boosts energy
- Banishes bad breath and whitens teeth
- Fades bruises
- Alleviates sunburns and itchy skin
- Detoxes the body
- Removes moles
- and the list goes on and on and on…
And who knew you could concoct this magic wonder at home, all on your own…
It’s as easy as A-B-C…or in this case, A.C.V
Apple Cider Vinegar
peels and cores of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. (you get the picture) organic apples
Fill a large jar about 3/4 of the way full with the apple peels and cores.
All filtered water, topping off just before the rim (the apples will swell).
Allow to sit at room temperature for about 6 weeks.