The year is rapidly coming to an end.
It’s amazing to me how as I grow older, time truly does fly – faster and faster every year, every month, every week, every day, and every moment. Time passes in the blink of an eye.
As a child, it seemed as though a season could last an eternity. A week, a day, an hour felt both endless and infinite. I believe, in our youth, we take precious time for granted.
No more. I have grown to appreciate the MAGIC in each moment, grasping it for what it is, and holding each experience close to my heart with eager anticipation of the next step in this blessed journey.
10 AWESOME aspects of time, quotations, if you will, for this AWESOME ENDING FRIDAY
1. “Sure, everything is ending,” Jules said, “but not yet.” – Jennifer Egan, The Good Squad
2. “I know this much: that there is objective time, but also subjective time, the kind you wear on the inside of your wrist, next to where the pulse lies. And this personal time, which is the true time, is measured in your relationship to memory.” – Julian Barnes, The Sense of an Endin
What are you remembering about this moment?
3. “All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that.” – Baltasar Gracian
4. “An unhurried sense of time is in itself a form of wealth.” – Bonnie Friedman, The New York Times
5. “Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful let you let other people spend it for you.” – Carl Sandburg
6. “The trouble with being punctual is that nobody’s there to appreciate it!” – Franklin P. Jones
7. “This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “If we take care of the moments, the years will take care of themselves.” – Maria Edgeworth, O Magazine
9. “Time does not change us. It just unfolds us”. – Max Frisch
10. ” Seize the time…Live now. Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” – Spoken by Jean-Luc Picard, in “The Inner Light” episode of Star Trek: Generations
By the way, I believe many of you may judge it as pretty darn awesome that I just quoted Star Trek!!! To what has the world come….