For the past week or two I’ve been feeling somewhat under the weather. I haven’t felt ill per se, just not myself.
The over-analyzer in me has been racking my brain, questioning my soul, and seeking answers as to why I’ve been feeling this way. The answer, though, has nothing to do with analysis, and has become both quite simple and very clear – I’ve been lacking sleep.
Eschewing my morning routine and sacrificing the walking I enjoy, I’ve basked in the bounty of my bed and have created the most F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S. ending to my week.
Oh, sweet slumber.
10 Fabulous Finishing Facts About Sleep:
1. It FEELS sooooo good!
2. Newborns sleep a total of 10.5 to 18 hours a day. Wow ~ to be a bitty baby once again.
3. It promotes brain health and memory.
4. Scientists still don’t know — and probably never will — if animals dream during REM sleep, as humans do.
5. Nearly 30 percent of American adults sleep less than 7 hours per night.
6. A good night’s sleep can change the way your entire body, mind, and spirit responds to Life.
7. There is nothing like a cozy night’s slumber, supported by the strength and softness of your favorite mattress, crisp and clean sheets, the weight of a down comforter, and the chill of a winter bedroom.
8. The average person spends about 649,401 hours sleeping during his or her lifetime.
10. I dream of a good night’s sleep!