And after sharing the first featured recipe from Louise’s book…here comes number two!
This is a guest post from Louise at PaleoMagazine.com, and I think you’ll love this recipe. Louise also just released her new cookbook, which comes with some amazing recipes and a bunch of awesome bonuses – click here to check it out!
You probably know this, but some recipes take many tries to get right. This is one of those recipes.
We had to make it probably 10 times before we were satisfied with it, but once we did, we were very pleased.
Luckily for you, now that we’ve gotten it right, it will work every time. (And your kids will love this one.)
Beware – the pictures of this recipe are good, but they really don’t do it justice. These delicious little balls are addictive and perfect to take almost anywhere (party, gathering, or just with you to work).
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 10 pretzel bites (approx.)
For the pretzel bites
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups (143 g) almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons (26 g) ghee, melted
- 3 Tablespoons (21 g) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon (7 g) raw honey
For the coating
- 1/4 cup (36 g) coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon (8 g) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (51 g) ghee, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C).
- Place all the pretzel bites ingredients (eggs, almond flour, ghee, coconut flour, and honey) into a
bowl and mix well (with your hands) until it forms a dough.
- Let the dough sit for 5 minutes.
- Roll into pretzel bites (small balls) and place on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 6-7 minutes.
- Take the pretzels out and heat oven to 400 F (204 C).
- Turn each pretzel bite over, place back in oven, and bake for 4-5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine the cinnamon and the coconut sugar.
- Remove pretzel bites from oven, let cool, and dip each into the melted ghee and then into the
cinnamon and coconut sugar mix.
- For a less sweet option, brush the top of each pretzel bite with ghee and sprinkle the cinnamon
and coconut sugar mix over them.
- Coconut sugar can be used instead of honey in the pretzel bites dough mixture.
About Louise Hendon