I love learning. I consider myself a “lifelong learner,” of sorts.
In fact, I go out of my way to learn new and interesting ~ or not so interesting ~ information each and every day. Not only do I feel like it keeps my mind fresh, and it’s fun to share with others!
I’m a learner and a teacher.
10 Interesting Facts for your Fabulous Finishing Friday:
1. The loudest land animal is the Howler monkey whose deep growls can travel up to 3 miles in the forest.
2. At 188 decibels, the Blue whale is the loudest mammal of all with its deep sound traveling hundreds of miles across the deep oceans.
3. The only state in the U.S that grows coffee beans is Hawaii in what’s known locally as the Kona district. Hawaiians usually call coffee Kope and hawaiian coffee is some of the most expensive in the world.
4. England is smaller than the state of Florida by 15,409 square miles. ~ WOW. This one really surprised me.
5. USGA regulation golf balls have 336 dimples which add turbulence for more distance.
6. The Mona Lisa doesn’t have eyebrows or eyelashes. ~ I actually knew this. I’ve never felt like the Mona Lisa was very impressive, but don’t tell anyone.
7. Honey is the only food that doesn’t spoil. To make 1 pound of honey, bees would have to visit over 2 million flowers. ~ So cool.
8. According to a new study, next day soreness after hard work or exercising can be greatly reduced by drinking watermelon juice prior. Watermelon juice is rich in amino acid. ~ Huh. I kinda like DOMS. It makes me feel like I worked.
9. The very first lemon seeds were brought to the Americas by Christopher Columbus?
10. A Clark’s Nutcracker (bird) can store up to 30,000 pine nuts for the winter in over 6,000 different locations across 300 square miles and remember where at least 70% of them are, finding them even if they’re snow covered. ~ Sometimes I feel as though I might just be this keen in finding my desired nourishment when I’m “that” hungry.
Learn a lot. Share a lot.