I do my best to appreciate all the awesome things in my life. People, places, events, experiences, sights, sounds, sayings – all of it. When I really think about it, Life can be quite overwhelming – it can be pretty awesome.
Several months ago I came across a book that caused me to grin from ear to ear: The Journal of Awesome by Neil Pasricha.
- From the bestselling author of the award-winning blog 1000awesomethings.com, this journal is full of inspiring prompts and reminders of everything there is to feel good about—from hearing someone’s smile over the phone to listing awesome things you’ve never noticed before. This is the place to record all the simple joys that make life so AWESOME!
I read through this journal, cover to cover, and laughed, smiled, and shivered all the way through. What an amazing idea! I decided that I wanted to try something similar in my life, beginning my own Journal of Awesome. I committed to recording 10 awesome things that happened to me each day. This was not difficult – I have plenty of favor and blessing in my life. I did, however, fall off the bandwagon.
Alas, I am committing again! I’ve decided that each Friday, I’m going to dedicate my post to all the awesome things in life, hence, “Awesome Ending Fridays.”
I’ve chosen the number 10 again. I will share 10 awesome things each Friday, that I’ve seen heard, felt, read, etc. that week, in the hopes of spurring you to think of all the awesome things in your life. I’m worried that I’ll have TOO MANY awesome things to cap myself to just 10, and there’s also the part of me that wants to hold on to some of the really awesome things to really “wow” you at a later date. I vow to do neither. If I feel inspired to share more, I will, but I will never hold back.
Some of the wonderfully awesome things I do remember Neil sharing in his book, that made me giggle aloud –
- Celebrating your pet’s birthday with a party, even though they have no idea what is going on.
- Finally peeing after holding it forever.
- The smell of rain on a hot sidewalk.
- The sound of ice cubes cracking in a drink.
I looked back to my Journal of Awesome, when I first began, and that made me smile too –
- My morning coffee
- Puppies playing on the sidewalk
- Perfectly cooked spaghetti squash
- The sound of rainfall in the night
- Heirloom apples (so awesome)
- My friend John’s guacamole – SO AWESOME!!
- John’s Brussel’s sprouts – I’m pretty sure it’s in the butter….
- The sound of baby giggles
Share with me what’s awesome in your life each week!